Wyandotte Chicks...Any guess on Gender?

Quote:
Can you educate me as to what makes you come to that conclusion. I have no idea what I am looking for in these guys.

I agree with the genders there. At this age I'm going by the combs and wattles. 1 and 2 have larger, redder combs and longer wattles. 3 has a smaller comb and you can't see the wattles yet.

Yeah, it really stinks how the roosters always seem to have the sweetest personalities as babies. My Silkie roo Turnip (in my avatar) is a real sweetheart. So was my Dellie roo.. until he began viewing me as some kind of "bad guy" and attacked me daily. He went to auction. Now the lady who bought him can deal with it!
roll.png

Quote:
I am in full agreement there, #1 and #2 are cockrells, notice the thick heavy leg on #1 the early wattles on #2 is a dead give away, #3 is a pullet notice the thinner more petite leg structure and likely a little smaller in body as well.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I get at least one hen out of the group (which is all I really wanted to keep). I have a feeling they might all be roos. We shall see. I'll post more pics in a few days when they are four weeks old and see what everyone thinks.

Back
Top Bottom