Wyandotte combs?

nccountrygirl:

Campines are white egg layers and have single combs.

Wyandottes are brown egg layers and have rose combs.

Last edited:
Wow, Ophelia sure is beautiful!! Whatever she is, I want one!!!!

Our SLW, Vanda, has a rose comb:

byc-card.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Campines seem to have different feathering patterns than GLWs.

My Ophelia lays brown eggs.

Amy

I agree. And Ophelia looks exactly like I would expect a Wyandotte with a single comb to look
wink.png

Last edited:
I have a lovely SLW girl with a single comb and two with the proper rose combs. Seems that about 1/3 of the ones Ideal sells have them. They have Cochin ancestry, hence the single comb popping up once in awhile. Here's my Lorelei:
DCP_8903.jpg

Quote:
Campines seem to have different feathering patterns than GLWs.

My Ophelia lays brown eggs.

Amy

I agree. And Ophelia looks exactly like I would expect a Wyandotte with a single comb to look
wink.png

Oh, good!
big_smile.png

Amy

The girl in the front center of the pic back on page 1 is indeed a golden campine. The one behind the campine is a dominique (note the rose comb) and you can see the GLW to the back right.

The Campines are SUPPOSED to lay white eggs - I wouldn't know since they are almost 22 weeks old and no eggs yet...but I'm not bitter....

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, Cynthia! That's pretty neat. It doesn't bother me in the least that Ophelia has a single comb; in fact, I think it's kind of cool.
yippiechickie.gif

She is an excellent layer...she lays almost every day, only rarely taking a break. If I wanted chicks, she'd be the one I'd try to get them from for that reason alone.

Amy

Back
Top Bottom