Wyandotte or Barred Rock?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crazy4mypeeps, May 26, 2011.

1. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    She is a bantam, very small, but lays nice white eggs. Just wondering if she's a barred Wyandotte or a Barred Rock? She seems to be getting picked on in the coop a bit, so her feathers are a bit shy in this picture. She's very skiddish. I was given her for free, because the lady didn't want white eggs. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Lays white eggs? Well, she could be a BR, though they lay brown eggs. She's not a wyandotte because they have a rose comb, whereas she has a single comb. I wonder if she's a Bantam Barred Hollans? They look more like a BR, but they lay white eggs. [​IMG]

3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Looks like a barred rock. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. Crazy4mypeeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:You might have something there with the Hollans. I did a search for them and she seems to fit in there better than anywhere. The white eggs had me thrown off, thats for sure. Thanks!

5. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Oops, meant to type Barred Holland... darn puter [​IMG]

6. Crazy4mypeeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:LOL I get finger tied too, but I knew what you mean, when I did my search. [​IMG]

7. buckboy101

buckboy101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    I dont think she is either. But she definatley has some barred rock in her.

8. captainmom

captainmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Centralia IL
    Bantam size, barred, lays white eggs.....could be a barred old english? All my old english lay a white/cream egg. Just a thought.

9. Crazy4mypeeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:That's possible too. Guess I'm going to change my siggy to a Bantam Have no clue what she is. LOL

10. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

tough one here... she has the red ear lobes and the rule of thumb is red ear lobes=brown eggs... i would prolly say holland but she has yeller legs... idk EE? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by