Wyandotte Sexing

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
Hello! These are images of my 2 BLR Wyandottes. The one with the lighter comb is older than the other one by 2 weeks or so. I'm wondering why the other ones comb is getting so red. Is it possible that it's not going to be a hen? I'm very new to this so any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Beth

34304_dsc_0245.jpg

34304_dsc_0241.jpg

34304_dsc_0428.jpg

Thanks for the replies! On a side note, in this picture you can see a Gold Laced Wyandotte. She's the same age as the BLR Wyandotte's. She just grows reallllly slow. Her tail feathers also look very pathetic. Is this normal? She eats well and has good energy.

Thanks, again!

34304_dsc_0247.jpg

I am trying to guess the sexes of my blue laced reds too and they are the same age except bantams. I originally thought i only had 2 but i think i am seeing a few more
hmm.png

So i wanted to try comparing mine to yours. I am seeing alot of waddles growing out in the flock.

Yes, I am going to say that is a roo too. He stands more upright along with his red comb and more developed wattles. I have 4 BLRW pullets and they all look like the other one. Thanks for posting because it make it more obvious to me what a pullet vs. cockerel looks like at that age!

Back
Top Bottom