Wyandotte SOP

KDW85

Hatching
Mar 25, 2023
I’m having trouble finding good intell. I recently had someone tell me that Dun Wyandottes were “show birds” yet according to the APA website I don’t see them listed. Am I right that they won’t be good for exhibition then, or am I missing something?

We have some Mottled D’Anvers bantams that my daughter did really good with last year. But I didn’t see them on the APA site either.

Are the Wyandottes bantams? Dun Wyandotte large fowl aren’t accepted by the APA but it’s possible the bantams are accepted by the ABA.
Mottled d’Anvers bantams are accepted by the APA.

Dun is not listed for Wyandottes in my ABA standard, either, for the record. I have seen them in show, but as I recall non-standard varieties cannot go past best of variety in show so won't end up in champion row, correct me if I'm wrong Amer!

Dun is not listed for Wyandottes in my ABA standard, either, for the record. I have seen them in show, but as I recall non-standard varieties cannot go past best of variety in show so won't end up in champion row, correct me if I'm wrong Amer!
No, you are right! I recently saw them applying for acceptance or something so I wasn’t sure if they were in the new edition of the bantam Standard.

Back
Top Bottom