WYANDOTTE

YARDBYRD

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
New Hampshire
I just love the Wyandotte breed.. such a pretty bird.. my incubator needs some of those eggs in it... I do not see to many of them listed here or on Craigslist. I even see some Bantoms with that breed. I never knew there were so many different kinds of chickens I also think the Polish breed is nice. I think my new flock will have lots of different breeds as well as a few old layer favorites. I hope the weather here changes and we get some warmer temps so the little chicks can go outside.

We purchased our first wyandottes this spring for our new flock and love them so far. They are a little shy but their beauty makes up for that lol. I just love their lacey paterns and everyone who sees our flock says "wow I like those guys" as they point to the wyandottes.

This is Paisley (9 weeks old) our GLW

and Nugget (7weeks old) our SLW

If you click in forum and scroll down to the buy,sell, trade section, and click on hatching eggs you might find someone selling Wyandotte eggs. I found someone just now selling Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs, here's the link: www.backyardchickens.com/t/861847/blue-laced-red-wyandottes-1-2-dozen
I also know that slackwater has some too. And I agree, Wyandottes are gorgeous birds! :D I might get some Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs this summer.

Wyandottes are awesome! I got two silver laced wyandotte bantams last spring on a whim and love them now. They have so much personality, the only issue is that I cant tell the two apart.
smile.png

Here is a picture of them the names are Lacey and Gracie

Wyandottes are awesome! I got two silver laced wyandotte bantams last spring on a whim and love them now. They have so much personality, the only issue is that I cant tell the two apart. :) Here is a picture of them the names are Lacey and Gracie
Your little banties are beautiful! The only Wyandotte I have had is a large fowl SLW named Puzzle, who was taken away by a predator while I was away. Here are some pictures of her:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom