wyandottes?! need answer quick

manybirds

Songster
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
can you cross golden laced wyandottes with silver laced wyandottes and get a good color? we're going to a swap tomorrow and deciding wether to sell the SLW roo.

I believe you can make sex-links with gold and silver laced birds, I read you can with sebrights so I assume you could with wyandottes. I don't remember whether the roo had to be gold or silver though.
You should try and find the good sex-link thread, it has all the information on pairing.

Now I don't know whether they would be pretty, but I love lacing so they probably would!

Quote:
If you cross a Gold Lace Wyandotte Rooster over a Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen, there offspring would be sex-linked males would be silver and females would be gold but as they mature the Roosters will be more a Yellow color.

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
If you cross a Gold Lace Wyandotte Rooster over a Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen, there offspring would be sex-linked males would be silver and females would be gold but as they mature the Roosters will be more a Yellow color.

Chris

what about the other way around?

According to the old chicken calculator, with a SLW roo over GLW hens you will get

50% Pullets, black patterned silver laced
50% Cockerels, black patterned yellow/golden laced

You can play around with it here . It's a neat little site if you take the time to play around with it.

Back
Top Bottom