Wyandottes??

I bought 6 Wyandotte chicks from my local tractersupply store. You might be able to find them at feed stores too. Or even if you have an incubator you could find someone with fertile eggs to hatch. I also used to order some from online chicken stores but be careful.
I can't do chicks. I work and I'll feel really bad if I leave for the day and one of them or all of them dies from not being tended to right.

Love them! How old are they? We have 1 SLW out of the 10 we got and I hope she is a she so we can keep her! I think ours is 6 weeks.

2018-04-11.jpg

2018-04-11.jpg

2018-04-11.jpg

Mine are around 21 weeks so hopefully close to laying eggs :)
Rose combs are hard to sex at 6 weeks but based on what I've seen from my 6 silver laces I think you've got a pullet :D also her lacing won't be perfect but that's okay, sometimes those ones are the prettiest:)

Love them! How old are they? We have 1 SLW out of the 10 we got and I hope she is a she so we can keep her! I think ours is 6 weeks.

2018-04-11.jpg

2018-04-11.jpg

2018-04-11.jpg

Also, many people will make the mistake of looking at the redness and assuming that makes it a rooster, because that would be true for most breeds. But the rosecomb flushes for pullets and cockerels. At 3 weeks my 6 silverlaced chicks flushed red in the comb and I was so disappointed because I thought that meant they were all cockerels, turned out 4 were pullets!

Many people also told me the ones that turned into pullets were cockerels, but I held onto my gut and kept them anyway and I'm so glad I did lol. I'll post some photos of them when they were around that age :)

These first four pictures I was told were all roosters but ended up being pullets
The size of the comb and wattle tricked a lot of people in the first two photos
IMG_3644.PNG

IMG_3645.PNG

Colour tricked a lot of people in these two
IMG_3646.PNG

IMG_3647.PNG

These next two photos are of roosters. They feathered slower, the feathers on the back didn't come in for a while and they had lighter heads as chicks
IMG_3643.PNG
IMG_3648.PNG

Back
Top Bottom