Wyandottes

It seems a bit hardr for me to hold my wyandottes with their round bodies compared to my orps but I like them just as much as the bo's. I've got three single comb BLRW hens that are 2 yrs old, nice big girls and one had a daughter from a large EE roo that looks like her mama hen and auntie hens but she's a bit larger (like her daddy EE) with a beard:) Then I've got a one and only banty wyandotte hen I really wish I had more of, she was supposed to be BLRW banty but she's, well, look:
6333_white_tail_buff_wyandotte_pullet.jpg

She lays dependably and is a good reliable broody/mama who's raised two chicks to adulthood. If I could find more of her, I'd have a flock of these:)

I'd love better quality BLRW's someday soon from a lady here in Alaska... I'll have to take new pics tomorrow of my big girls. I've got one GLW hen and a GLW roo, the rest of the GLW hens were mean to each other so I butchered the entire flock last year- probably my fault as I didn't spend time w/them like I did w/all my other birds so I'll remedy that in the future when I have more someday.

Thinking of trying SLW...

Back
Top Bottom