Wyandottes

Wyandotte103

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 29, 2012
My henhouse
i am new to chicken owning and i am about ready to get some Silver Laced Wyandottes. i am in desperate need of some helpful information that i may! be able to glean something from. Anything helps!

Thanks for your support,
Chloe
big_smile.png

The best advice I can give you is to scour this site for years on end and buy the book, "The Small-Scale Poultry Flock", by Harvey Ussery.
wink.png

Then sit back and enjoy the adventure!
cool.png

I LOVE Wyandottes!
love.gif
There are SO many gorgeous colors of Wyandottes you may not want to limit yourself to just Silver Laced! I am planing on getting a mixture of Wyandotte colors. Duane Urch has several colors of Wyandottes and Foley's Poultry has a few colors. Both would be a wonderful source for chicks! Foley's has a website http://foleyswaterfowl.com/ Duane Urch does not have a website they do their ordering by email and phone
DUANE AND PHYLLIS URCH
2142 N.W. 47TH AVENUE
OWATONNA, MINNESOTA 55060
PHONE NUMBER: (507) 451-6782
Prefer corresponding by telephone rather than email.
TIM & JULIE TURNLUND
2126 N.W. 47TH AVENUE
OWATONNA, MINNESOTA 55060
email: urchpou|try@gmai|.com
7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. CST

Wanted to add some people have complained about Wyandotte temperaments from certain hatchery's. I can not remember which hatchery's they were, but with some research you could find out. You also will not get as beautiful lacing and profound coloring from hatchery birds. If you want gorgeous, I would go with a breeder over a hatchery.

Have you seen actual pictures of their stock? If not find some pics of their birds before you order....some hatchery birds do not have good color or lacing....don't want to you to be disappointed. It concerns me a bit that they have a drawing of the birds...but not an actual photo of the breeding stock. How paticular are you about wanting the color and lacing?

Back
Top Bottom