Wyoming Chicken Lover!

Quote:
How did the swap go? I didn't get a chance to go.
sad.png

I've been too busy finishing up summer projects and getting ready for winter.
I still need to get the convenants changed before I can join the chicken ownership club.

Not bad for the first one. We are having the september meet up same place on teh 24th of this month. I already have double the sellers! And I have folks wanting guineas, specifically. I'll be advertising on the radio next week.....the daily Trading Post on kycn.......Craig's List and of course local businesses.

Love to see you guys there!

Wel, now it's almost Christmas... but do you have any upcoming events planned? I would even be interested in helping plan stuff around the cheyenne area!!! Thanks!

Quote:
I have a blue silkey rooster - less than one year old that I would sell. He's beautiful and my very favorite, but we have too many roos!!!!

Hello all of my fellow Wyoming chicken lovers. Thought I would just say happy spring and see who is getting chicks this spring! I have 36 coming in March and may be interested in selling/swapping at some point. Also, do any of you raise pheasants? I would love to have a golden pheasant, but not interested in ordering 30 from a hatchery.

Oh, and if you are in the Casper area, Murdochs has their first shipment of chicks in already. :)

I was in Fort Collins over the weekend. JAX had chicks in - they were selling fast though.
lol.png

I am still trying to organize a HOA meeting, so I can get a vote on changing the covenants to allow chickens. Wish me luck.

I may be able to buy some votes, just because I have neighbors that would like fresh, homegrown eggs. Not promising anything to anybody at this time.
wink.png

Sorry I didn't see this...I ordered from Murray McMurray. They all arrived safely and rather quick with no problems. I also picked up two Light Brahmas from Murdochs.

OOOOH I LOVE LIGHT BRAHMA'S, I'm getting some ranger broiling chickens.....EE's and maybe some Guinea's my dog (Husky) culled them since they jumped for the first time ever over his fence so I had some http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/pot-roasted-guinea-fowl-with-sage-celery-and-blood-orange-recipe/index.html first time ever that my wife gutted a different animal then a fish...so next time it'll be up to me she said....and she wants to go deer and elk hunting this year with me...?!
Since I'm an Activities Director at a Nursing home where most individuals were farmers and ranchers at one point I'll be having an incubator with a variety of eggs ....(last year I did a try out and they loved it!) So I'll be having quite some new chickens if everything will go alright with the incubation process....The residents visit my house weekly and pick the eggs for staff and feed and hold the chickens it's a great outcome and sensory activity for all levels . Azriel,Eggcelent and thespoiledchicken are helping out with the eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom