Wyoming Unite!!!!

full

B80CADB7-9DBC-4B1D-BBE6-C78F71625D16.jpeg

On Saturday Ken got up early and went into the kitchen. He flipped the light on and thought he saw a mouse in the corner of the dining room! Nope, it was this baby bird! One of the dogs must have brought it in after their midnight trip out to potty. The baby was totally unharmed and pretty feisty when Ken scooped it up. He’d never seen a fledgling colored like this one before. He set it in the front yard so Mom could find it. The dogs have no access to the front yard so he figured it would be safe.

A few hours later I fixed my morning tea and went out to enjoy my mountain views from the front porch. Look who hopped out of the flowers and up on the porch to say “good morning”! He stayed there, just like that, for almost 45 minutes. Then he decided he was hungry and made his way over to the fence between us and the neighbors and waited for Mom. We couldn’t figure out what he was….the bright yellow banding on the tail and the black masking on the face, plus the bill shape, all said Cedar Waxwing but they don’t nest around here. They usually swoop in in huge flocks, feed, and then move on. We were stumped. Then Mom came in to feed him. Yep. Cedar Waxwing, no doubt about it! How cool is that???

Hi everyone! New here, and new to chickens. I’ve got a small flock of 4 backyard chickens in Casper. They’re 12 weeks old. 2 cinnamon queens, a sapphire gem and a rhode island blue. I am in love with them and I foresee this being a hobby I stick with a long time!

Attachments

• F791FB95-2FAF-41AD-B87A-2D9598E820EA.jpeg
    F791FB95-2FAF-41AD-B87A-2D9598E820EA.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi everyone! New here, and new to chickens. I’ve got a small flock of 4 backyard chickens in Casper. They’re 12 weeks old. 2 cinnamon queens, a sapphire gem and a rhode island blue. I am in love with them and I foresee this being a hobby I stick with a long time!
Welcome to the thread.

I am just outside of Casper.

Back
Top Bottom