y Silkie is Gurgling!

how long does it take for it to become fatal because it may take me a little bit to get the Oxine AH

I don't know, really. I had Oxine on hand already. All you can do is get it as fast as you can, but remember--I'm not 100% sure it's fungal since it's really hard to diagnose stuff on the web and I haven't listened to him myself.

The blue rooster in my avatar is going on 6 years old and his crow is very weak over the last couple of weeks-I think his systems are just shutting down due to his age and the heat taking its toll. I know he doesn't have anything respiratory, so it's hard to say sometimes what is happening with these birds. Hope your guy makes it!

Last edited:
Thank you I'll try to get it for the future but I think my silkie rooster, "Fuzzhead" is fighting off the stuff. Instead of him gurgling while breathing he's just gurgling a little when he runs after his hens, he's are best rooster he's still trying to get his crow straitened out though.
smile.png

Could be he will be fine for now, but yes, it's great stuff to have on hand. I've even been known to put a teaspoon of it in a spray bottle of water and spritz the walls around the roost so that as it evaporated at night, they'd breathe it in a bit-probably has limited value used that way, but it would have killed the germs on the walls at least.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom