Yaaaahooooo! I have a pip! Day 20, Delaware Blue Hens x 7! YIPEEEEE!

The pip with the opaque membrane has broken through and is starting to zip- such a fast word, for such a sloooooooowww process!
barnie.gif

Great looking birds I can see why you wanted some...I got attracted to the Blue, Black and Splash Ameracaunas a short time ago and hatched out some I bought from Dipsy Doodle Do in Aiken. I got seven and a nice mixture of colors. They are now 3 weeks old. The blue coloring is very eye catching. Keep up the good work. I am headed outside to paint my new Duck House but will check on your progress later. Don't forget pictures later of your new blues.

Last edited:
Yay!! I am sitting here with my eyes barely open and still a bit fuzzy...I was so excited that the minute my eyes opened, I jumped over here to check in! I am praying that they hurry it up a bit and get the heck out of those eggs!!
fl.gif

Pips one and two are mostly zipped, but resting. Pip three is not doing anything else, I am concerned about it. And one of the other four has finally pipped- I shouldn't say finally, it is only Day 21 today!

I am using the bird call, and it does seem to energize them. But I also let them rest in between, don't want to make them struggle too hard.

Hi Bec, you're a Grandma again!
frow.gif

Oh this is just too much suspense! I am hoping for mostly blues and 1 ROO for you!! Now maybe that is wishful thinking..but it is possible! You had 2 hens last time!!

I ran out to take a look at the eggs under my BROODIES (yes, now there are 2!) No pips yet, it is a guessing game with them because I have no idea when she actually began sitting, but I know it is soon! Those babies are cramped in there!

One blue roo, and a bunch of blue girlies will work!

ETA, with my luck, it'll all be splash roos!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Ranchie I did not want to take away from your thread but since you asked for pics. Here you go.
Are you up to 4 eggs out of 7 with action happening..is that correct?

3 Days old

DSC00264.jpg

3 weeks old...yesterdays photo.

DSC00015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom