Yawning chick?

Fifi B

In the Brooder
May 3, 2024
Hello All,

I have an injured chick who has been doing fine, I have her in a crate in the garage.
Today is day four for her, and she started yawning pretty frequently...any ideas on why this is? she has no other weird symptoms of anything, eating and drinking regularly too.
should I be worried about her? does she just need more sunlight or something? I am going to try giving her more space, some sunlight, and more things to do and see if that helps anything.
thanks!!

Last edited:
Hello All,

I have an injured chick who has been doing fine, I have her in a crate in the garage.
Today is day four for her, and she started yawning pretty frequently...any ideas on why this is? she has no other weird symptoms of anything, eating and drinking regularly too.
should I be worried about her? does she just need more sunlight or something? I am going to try giving her more space, some sunlight, and more things to do and see if that helps anything.
thanks!!
Welcome To BYC
How/where was she injured?

If possible, can you get a video of her actions? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

How old is she?

Is the yawning action her adjusting her crop perhaps? Feel of her crop and let us know what it's like.

Photos of her, the poop, brooder setup, etc., are always welcome.

Welcome To BYC
How/where was she injured?

If possible, can you get a video of her actions? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

How old is she?

Is the yawning action her adjusting her crop perhaps? Feel of her crop and let us know what it's like.

Photos of her, the poop, brooder setup, etc., are always welcome.
Never mind, sorry this took so long, but she hasn't been yawning...I think it was because I switched from pellets to powder for her food to abruptly. when I switched back, she stopped yawning!
thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom