YAY! Busy tomorrow on our "hen pen"

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
Hubby has said he is finally going to work on the "hen pen". The chicks are a week old now but there is alot of work to be done on the pen. He agreed to go MY WAY on the pen and put it in the front yard but he said that it will be the "YOUNG ONES" pen. A small pen just for the ones that are "teens." We found out that there is ALREADY a chicken coop behind our house, we had no idea it was there. Right now it's very over-grown with wild plants and such so it'll be a while before we finally get everythign cleared out of it and move the adults hens into it.

These babies are growing fast! Already they have their wing feathers out at the tips of their wings. Odd-ball has stood up fully today, she has lousy balance but she is trying and I guess the Roosting exercise I am doing with her (having her roost on my finger) is helping. Maybe she does have hope to have her legs straighten out.

Glad to hear Oddball is improving.

I don't envy you the work of digging out the older hen house, it must be really overgrown if you just found it!

Back
Top Bottom