Yay button eggs

Quote:
sounds interesting!
smile.png

As for keeping a pair of coturnix in your home! Oh go for it! Those people have no right (in my personal oppinon) caring about what you keep in your house..esp a pair of innocent coturnix quails.
wink.png
...well as long as it's not a lion ha ha!

I think Iowa was one of the states I had trouble finding info on as well.

Last edited:
I keep jumbo coturnix and buttons in my basement. If you don't clean the coturnix cages at least every other day, it is stinky, but I like having them around and they are easy to take care of.

I have a ton of eggs that I could send if anybody wants them. Monarc23, that is very interesting about the colors - I've been getting alot of green ones. I assumed it was from the spinach I was feeding them!

Edited to add that no permits are needed for coturnix; just bobwhites as far as I know because they are a native species.

Last edited:
Quote:
No thanks! Mr AK is sneaking while Tori is out of town and sending me some!
lol.png
They left yesterday, so they should be here tomorrow or Saturday, I would think. I might need to get some more pharoahs,since I only have a trio. Do you have those?

Quote:
haha about the spinach!
big_smile.png

About the permits tho, actually it's rediculous cuz in some states you do need a permit for coturnix quails which is ofcourse just rediculous.
sad.png
New York to name one...but theres many more. I am so thankful my state knows that they're nota threat to wildlife because i lov emy boogers
big_smile.png

Cindy- I'll be probably wanting to order some BQ and Coturnix eggies from you in the spring depending on room. I love my silver from you, and depending on where you got yoru coturnix from i may be interested in some hatching eggies from them (if they're related to mine I won't want em because i want to keep the lines mixed).
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
haha about the spinach!
big_smile.png

About the permits tho, actually it's rediculous cuz in some states you do need a permit for coturnix quails which is ofcourse just rediculous.
sad.png
New York to name one...but theres many more. I am so thankful my state knows that they're nota threat to wildlife because i lov emy boogers
big_smile.png

And remember UrbanMama? She lives in Maryland I believe it was, and she even needs one for the buttons!

monarc23- on our thread about raising quail, thank you by the way, you have new york as needing a license. but before i had some shipped to me, all i found is that we did not need anything for coturnix. well, they are in the bator now.
is there anyone from new york with them? and did you have to have a license? or are you hiding them in your basement;)
if anyone can help me out with this it would be great.

Quote:
that's how it is in PA too. NO need to appologize!
smile.png
I assumed in the begining that coturnix were legal everywhere too..it's a crying shame though really. Esp about button quail! LOL! Thanks for that info Shelley cuz I can add that to my coturnix info on state permits.
big_smile.png

Cindy- Pharoahs are okay, but since you started with jumbos i'd advise ya to stay with jumbos (and other colors)....because all pharoahs are are the tinier (wild sized) version of the Jumbos. I have both...it's halarious how much the jumbos dwarf the pharoahs! LOL! The jumbos are pigeon sized the pharoahs are robin sized. hehe I love em all the same ofcourse, but just lettin ya know thats' teh only difference is size.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom