YAY, chicks have hatched..........HELP!!!!!

@cluckcluckluke, I ended up starting the washer on the hot cycle and the humidity immediately went back up and remained steady. If I continue to hatch my own I will definitely invest in a better incubator with a few more options.

The chick that had the possible pip, possible unintentional crack, didn't make it
sad.png
Out of the 5, 2 have hatched (
clap.gif
) One passed..poor little thing, and two aren't moving. today is exactly 21 days, should I let them be for another day? I saw all 5 wiggle when I put them in lock down. My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread! You had some of the same questions as me so I just posted here. When I removed the two feisty ones who decided to go bowling with the other eggs, the humidity and temp stayed stable so I don't want to just give up on the other two if there is still a chance...any thoughts?

Sorry to hear that! You can give the remaining eggs another day or two. Hatches sometimes run over 2-3 days, as some of the chicks need a little more time to get ready for the hatch. For example, I hatched 7 eggs recently, 6 hatched on day 21 and the 7th one only hatched late on day 22. All of them are doing well. Good luck and hope you get some more chicks!

Back
Top Bottom