yay for the third egg!

Marcymom3

Songster
12 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Western Howard County, MD
On 9/22 my beautiful Columbian Rock laid her first egg.
wee.gif
When I got home from church yesterday, there was another one!
yippiechickie.gif
And today when I checked after school there was another! Even though I realize there could be one in the nest box, it's such a joy to find it there!
love.gif

Do you think that the others will get the idea? They're all the same age. The other CR has a red comb but not quite as red, and the two RIR's combs are very red but not as large. The BRs seem to be wayyyy behind the others.

Love BYC!

First of all, congratulations! It is so exciting!!!! One of our girls started laying at 18 1/2 weeks, and she has laid basically every day. Last Wednesday, two more girls joined her in laying. They are all the same age, and it was their 24 week birthday. So we went from one egg a day to having three eggs a day!!! What a difference that made. But I fully expect three more could start laying at any time. I also have three EE's who, based on appearance, are several weeks away from laying yet.

jumpy.gif
I know my husband teases me about the money we have put out on a building, run material, food, chickens.....since Feb 2011 about 4 grand. But when I go to collect eggs and he smiles and brags to his motorcycle friends........I know he does not really mind. Eggs are awesome and jsut the other day I hatch 19 in one day and he was as excited as I was. I teased it was like microwave popcorn. They just kept hatching. Yeah.......Life is good.
wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
Thank you so much, 202! Your page is so nice! And your story is similar to mine. Hubs said that when the chickens ever started laying the eggs would have to cost $43/doz. He and my granddaughter picked out our chicken coop together as a surprise for me. I thought we were going to build one. LOL. Payton spilled the beans and told me I would love it because it was painted "hundred green." She meant hunter, but I think it was prophetic because since then there have been several hundred greens put into it!

Your story about your eggs hatching is so cute! You have an incubator and all? Were the eggs from your chickens? I would love to hear more about your experience! Thank you for the good wishes, and I wish you the same!

D.gif

Back
Top Bottom