YAY!!! I found some silkies!

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
Ok I have looked all over San Antonio for silkies without any luck.

I called a feed store and they said they will call Ideal for me and ask if they can add 4 silkies to the order.

Only thing is, I don't know what color I am going to get. The guy was going out of his way for me, so I didn't want to ask for too much. He said they will be straight run and assorted.

Sooo....... Has anyone ordered silkies from Ideal, and out of 4 how many do you think will be pullets??
EDIT*
Oh and I will be picking them up on/near the 7th of next month, which rocks because if I were to place an order today, I wouldn't get them until way later. Not to mention, I would have had to order atleast $25 worth of chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Thank you!!! I'm happy with whatever they send me.

Really I wanted to get them because my stepkids are coming to live with us this summer. I figured if any breed can get them to take interest in chickens, it would be silkies.
yippiechickie.gif

I am so glad you found some silkies. I had 12 in the incubator and successfully hatched 8 and they are darlings! They love to be held and the way they change so quickly is amazing. These are my first Silkies also. I want to get more as soon as I get more houses built. I have 45 rare chicks coming from MCMurray's on April 21st. I can hardly wait. I have Sultans in this order!
Chickens are so much fun , I can't believe I went so long without them. Have fun with yours and post some photos when you get them!
ya.gif

Hey antiquebuff, are you getting any sumatras in that order? More ppl should like and have chickens, so I hope your stepkids like the silkies Texas Star.

I think they will like them. I can then get them addicted to them as I am. lol It will also teach them responsibility and respect for other creatures (besides themselves) I hope.
fl.gif

Chicken Boy Kurt, I did not order any Sumatras this time, maybe later. I am a little concerned because of all the publicity with MM Hatchery but I am not going to cancel my order. I hope all is ok by now........
Texas Star, I think you are right about teaching responsibility with the chickens . I worked as a 4-H Assistant for 15 years and chickens are a wonderful project. Good Luck!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom