YAY!!! I found some silkies!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Break an Egg, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Ok I have looked all over San Antonio for silkies without any luck.

I called a feed store and they said they will call Ideal for me and ask if they can add 4 silkies to the order.

Only thing is, I don't know what color I am going to get. The guy was going out of his way for me, so I didn't want to ask for too much. He said they will be straight run and assorted.

Sooo....... Has anyone ordered silkies from Ideal, and out of 4 how many do you think will be pullets??
    EDIT*
    Oh and I will be picking them up on/near the 7th of next month, which rocks because if I were to place an order today, I wouldn't get them until way later. Not to mention, I would have had to order atleast $25 worth of chicks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  2. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Its great that you got silkies. I hope you get at least 2 pullets.

3. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:Thank you!!! I'm happy with whatever they send me.

Really I wanted to get them because my stepkids are coming to live with us this summer. I figured if any breed can get them to take interest in chickens, it would be silkies.[​IMG]

4. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    I am so glad you found some silkies. I had 12 in the incubator and successfully hatched 8 and they are darlings! They love to be held and the way they change so quickly is amazing. These are my first Silkies also. I want to get more as soon as I get more houses built. I have 45 rare chicks coming from MCMurray's on April 21st. I can hardly wait. I have Sultans in this order!
    Chickens are so much fun , I can't believe I went so long without them. Have fun with yours and post some photos when you get them![​IMG]

5. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Hey antiquebuff, are you getting any sumatras in that order? More ppl should like and have chickens, so I hope your stepkids like the silkies Texas Star.

6. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I think they will like them. I can then get them addicted to them as I am. lol It will also teach them responsibility and respect for other creatures (besides themselves) I hope.[​IMG]

7. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    Chicken Boy Kurt, I did not order any Sumatras this time, maybe later. I am a little concerned because of all the publicity with MM Hatchery but I am not going to cancel my order. I hope all is ok by now........
    Texas Star, I think you are right about teaching responsibility with the chickens . I worked as a 4-H Assistant for 15 years and chickens are a wonderful project. Good Luck![​IMG]

8. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thank you. I really hope they are into it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by