YAY!!! I found some silkies!

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
Ok I have looked all over San Antonio for silkies without any luck.

I called a feed store and they said they will call Ideal for me and ask if they can add 4 silkies to the order.

Only thing is, I don't know what color I am going to get. The guy was going out of his way for me, so I didn't want to ask for too much. He said they will be straight run and assorted.

Sooo....... Has anyone ordered silkies from Ideal, and out of 4 how many do you think will be pullets??
EDIT*
Oh and I will be picking them up on/near the 7th of next month, which rocks because if I were to place an order today, I wouldn't get them until way later. Not to mention, I would have had to order atleast $25 worth of chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
Quote:Thank you!!! I'm happy with whatever they send me.

Really I wanted to get them because my stepkids are coming to live with us this summer. I figured if any breed can get them to take interest in chickens, it would be silkies.

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
I am so glad you found some silkies. I had 12 in the incubator and successfully hatched 8 and they are darlings! They love to be held and the way they change so quickly is amazing. These are my first Silkies also. I want to get more as soon as I get more houses built. I have 45 rare chicks coming from MCMurray's on April 21st. I can hardly wait. I have Sultans in this order!
Chickens are so much fun , I can't believe I went so long without them. Have fun with yours and post some photos when you get them!

chicken_boy_Kurt

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
Hey antiquebuff, are you getting any sumatras in that order? More ppl should like and have chickens, so I hope your stepkids like the silkies Texas Star.

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
I think they will like them. I can then get them addicted to them as I am. lol It will also teach them responsibility and respect for other creatures (besides themselves) I hope.

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
Chicken Boy Kurt, I did not order any Sumatras this time, maybe later. I am a little concerned because of all the publicity with MM Hatchery but I am not going to cancel my order. I hope all is ok by now........
Texas Star, I think you are right about teaching responsibility with the chickens . I worked as a 4-H Assistant for 15 years and chickens are a wonderful project. Good Luck!

Top Bottom