Yea for Paypal -- Watch out

Quote:
ep.gif
ouch - yea that is kind of me - I am always making purchases, but I am SO THANKFUL that they caught this one.
bow.gif
My bank can't even do that.
he.gif

Quote:
Thanks - I am kinda lax on that and shouldn't be as much as I am online - I have an uncle that is a puter goo roo and he fusses at me all the time about not staying on top of it.

Thanks again and I will definitely do a scan.

Quote:
You just HAD to tell me about the BYC auction thread!
th.gif

I'm in trouble now......
he.gif

*making sure my pay pal account is in order.....heading to the auction thread*
wee.gif

Quote:
th.gif

I'm in trouble now......
he.gif

wee.gif

lau.gif
Yea there is a couple and I can just never resist. -- Look forward to seeing you over there.
celebrate.gif

PayPal is a good service but i have issues with them on their policy as it pertains to firearms and firearm parts. as an Ebay offshoot i guess that's to be expected. glad it worked out for you.

Quote:
th.gif

I'm in trouble now......
he.gif

wee.gif

LOL - - See you there. Remember, we don't bid against the people who show us the secret thread. LOL

A Tip for not getting spoofed by hackers!

1) if you get an e-mail from paypal... DON'T EVER EVER CLICK ON A LINK FROM THE E-MAIL!
Always go to paypal.com and log in there.
Even if it says, "your account is limited, click here to resolve your paypal account".

Most of the time hackers send out Fake or "spoof" e-mails trying to get your password.
THey get very tricky and the e-mails look so real.

This is the same for ebay{and most other sites}... Don't ever follow the links to log in... Go directly to a site, because if there are problems with your account, you will see it after you have logged in... It is illegal for websites to ask you for your password...

When you get an e-mail you think sound suspicious from paypal, forward it to [email protected]

Within a couple of minutes you willg et an e-mail from paypal telling you it was or wasn't fake...

Ebay also, [email protected]

I'm glad paypal resolved your issue so soon! That is not always the case! Just keep yourself safe!

I am also afraid to pay for online purchases using Paypal as a link from the website.....for example during checkout. If I can't go directly to PayPal and pay that way... I usually don't. I'm sure that most are honest links but since I have to enter my password at that time, I just don't.

I've been getting a lot of fake emails lately. From banks I know i don't have an account at and more. Today I got one that said my Internet Service is being shut off and to click here to pay but it wasn't even the company I use for Internet. GRR!! I hate people who steal your account info with fake emails. Luckily I notice most are fakes. I did click a bad myspace one someday and all my friends got a ton of spam sent from my account
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom