Yea! My first duck is hatching! -ADDED PICS!-

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
I am so excited cause I really wan't sure if these would hatch since I've been a bit lazy with turning and my humidity dropped really low yesterday but I just got a pip.

I have 3 call eggs and 3 saxony eggs but I didn't see any movement in the saxony's so I don't think they are alive.
sad.png

so one of the call eggs has pipped and I can hear it peeping, I'll try and get a pic today.

Now, no one go telling my parents cause for all they know they are very big chicken eggs that I got in the secret swap. So it will be a big suprise when what we thought were chicken eggs pop out ducklings.
wink.png

Last edited:
Ok, it had been 24 hours and neither duckling had fully pipped through the membrane so I went ahead and started pipped them the rest of the way and helped them zip a little bit until I hit blood. While I was at it I candled the last call egg and the two saxonies and they were all dead.
idunno.gif

I'll keep you all posted on the little ones' progress.

A little north of Durham.

One duckling is out, my batteries are charging then I'll get a pic of him/her. The other one hasn't made any progress so I think I am going to help it along.

Back
Top Bottom