Yeah Clementine!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I was out checking the birds yesterday afternoon and Clementine (my favorite chicken) LAID her FIRST egg! She was so proud, too! She literally RAN to me when I opened the door & and then walked back & circled the egg! It was small, very oblong/pointed at one end and kind of lumpy--looked like it hurt coming out! But she laid her first egg! [​IMG]

Now I'm just hoping she gets better. [​IMG] She had a brutal over-zealous (young) roo peck the back of her head pretty badly (blood was EVERYWHERE on Saturday) so she's on antibiotics and she's isolated from everyone else...but she's eating/drinking and now laying! I'm not eating her eggs, either, BTW....since she's on the meds...

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Congratulations! Yay! [​IMG]

I made Christmas ornaments out of the first eggs I got- red ribbon and little silver bells!

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks! Yeah because of her meds I do not want to eat it & unforunately, it's too weird looking for me to incubate it...so I just had to admire it. LOL

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Here is a pic of her from this summer--I need newer ones, though!

[​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Please tell me the roo is coyote bait now...

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Well, he's isolated from everyone else...I'm not sure what to do with him! Of course, he is the most gorgeous GLC roo I have--but I do have a back-up one....Hubby says to trim his beak??

7. Rare Feathers Farm

And here is a pic of Clementine's sister--

[​IMG]

8. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Heather - I don't think any of your pics are posting.

9. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    Quote:I have found that a Dremel with the round drum sander works excellent with trimming beaks. Just use on the slower setting. The chickens don't seem to mind a bit.

10. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    lol congrats :] very pretty bird;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by