Yeah, way to go there Mr. Weatherman!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Dec 25, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    According to the weather channel our high today will be 41, morning clouds followed by plenty of sunshine.

I was just out checking on the chickens. It's starting to snow. Not a single ray of sunshine anywhere.

Don't ya just love the weather channel. [​IMG]

2. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    I do actually...I enjoy giving my weather man heck on his blog. [​IMG] He enjoys it though. Otherwise his blog would be mundane answering people's questions 100 times.

i.e. 8 inches from 5pm lifting by 3 am with the heaviest around midnight...i don't decide if schools close you'll have to check the updates in the morning....8 inches....no closings as of yet....8 inches.... [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We were promised sunshine all day and a high of 72. (It's 70 out there right now) [​IMG]

Our weatherman promised and delivered.

The hens are loving it out in the run today.... but they are lazy... only three eggs so far, EE, Ameraucana, Polish

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Whereas, in comparison, I've gotten 6 eggs from my brahmas so far today, with one more still on the nest. I think my brahmas love the cold weather.

Every day the two coops seem to have a competition; ending up with the same amount of eggs from each coop usually. Today the babies are behind - only 4 eggs from them so far.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

The rain from the next (not all that large) storm was SUPPOSED to hold off until around 2 p.m. or so. Riiiight. Rain got me wet when I was contemplating where to put the next coop thing.... around 10:30. It's not heavy rain. Yet.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The snow totals for here for today and Sunday combined were supposed to be 3.5". Well, it's about 5" and still coming down..[​IMG]

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

It just quit snowing here at about 6 inches... 1.5 was predicted i believe.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    We're supposed to get some rain, I sure hope they are right we need it desparately. I hope since it seems everyone has been under-forecasted, that we will be too. Come on rain!!

9. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    Cynthia
    I just hope it goes by Monday or at least we will be able to get down off the hill/mountain we live on. I am having a knee replacement on Monday. This weather is unbelievable and incredibly beautiful. The chickens aren't impressed.

10. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    No [​IMG] icky nasty rain. It was sunny yesterday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by