Year old hen has open scabbed wound on hip and is limping.Help!!!

How did you clean the wound a week ago?
What do you mean by “it seems the hip has moved up?”
Could you take more photos? It’s hard to tell where this is on the body and how large the scabbed area is.

If she were mine, I would start by soaking that area with a warm washcloth and investigating how extensive the damage is. I would also probably pluck the feathers so I could properly see what’s going on under there.

I agree that I would try to get the wound cleaned up, and make sure it is a wound and not a possible tumor on the skin. You could use a number of different products, such as an Epsom salts plaster, or a soak if it is warm enough to do this, Betadine or Hibiclens with water and trying to soften and remove the scabs, or plain dish soap and water. Take nee pictures after trimming feathers. Then apply plain Neospirin/Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day. A video of her standing or walking might help, but that would need to be posted on YouTube with a link hear.

@Tesumph @Eggcessive @Nikiliz
I am at work right now but when I get home I will do what you guys have said will send more pictures. And when I cleaned her I used warm water with a washcloth and then put neosporin on the wound and wrapped it with a gauze and some wrap, and when I mesn the hip seems like it has moved up her hips are not aligned as in her left hip is where it should be and her right hip is moved up about an inch. As I said I will do more when I get home from work.

@Eggcessive @Tesumph
I cleaned her up and trimmed the area around the wound. I cant really get a good picture of where the wound is but it is on the right side under her wing about halfway between the top of her wing and bottom of it. And the picture of her leg is how it is. She hops around and let's it dangle.
20191002_171422.jpg
20191002_171427.jpg
20191002_171542.jpg

Back
Top Bottom