Year Round Hatchers (Year Round Hatch a long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set 2/27
17 silkie eggs ( 1 from my hen) 16 purchased that I transported
Janeol 24
9 hatched (1 assisted, shrink-wrapped and malpostioned)
3 DIS
1 Bloodring
4 Clear

Is that everything? I don't have all the details for the 3/5 hatch.
this is what I do have
2/13
Hatchrite incubator (returned)
8 eggs set
3 hatched our eggs
Don't have the rest of the details

so this latest hatch left me with the following from the 13 that made it to lockdown. 10 hatched, 3 dis. I'll see if I can edit my hatching post to add the final numbers.

So evidently to much time has passed, so here is the recap [ copy and paste is your friend LOL]

March hatch

first time Roo (6 months old) with 2 yr old hens
22 eggs set in incubator
4 no development
5 early quitters
13 made it to lock down. will update numbers when hatched
10 hatched
3 dis

I'm way behind! I'm going to get all the numbers plugged in tomorrow.

I have Pekin eggs I put in and a few more chicken eggs.

Family time during the lockdown has pretty much kept me off my phone. Tomorrow I'll have all the free time to be able to plug all the numbers in for everyone 😁 I'm glad no one is on my butt about it 😂

So my Chocolate Mottled orps final tally
24 total eggs local breeder 8 developed one died mid way through 7 made it to lockdown but on final candle on day 14 one was cracked. Taped it and put them in the hatcher day 17 and 6 out of 7 hatched 7th was dead in the shell probably day 14-16. So fertility was 33% hatch rate was 88%. not terribly impressive for eggs that weren't even shipped
1584927663820.png

This is why I'm behind with my updates. All 4 incubators are full. lol 81 eggs and several hatch dates. I'll have an update for my Silkie and BBS Marans hatch soon though! 7 pips already tonight and tomorrow is day 21!

DSC_0010.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom