Yellow dots coming from shipped egg

The ducky and egg 6 has the best chance. The rest are trashed. The reddish area on the candled egg is an intact yolk which has the potential embryo to grow on.
Thank you for your input @Tonyroo
That sounds like the safest option indeed ..
It's a shame since I really wanted to hatch a couple geese and it's really hard to find them near where I live...

I will probably toss the dark-inside ones tomorrow and keep an eye on the clear eggs to see if there's any development by day 7!

Will keep you updated

Greetings all!

I just came back from breaking the last 2 eggs that were dark inside when candling
As imagined, the yolk was loose and scrambled, not as spoiled as the previous ones but still bad...

I suppose shipping is one of the reasons for the losses since they traveled a long way for a week.

We still have 10 duck eggs and 2 goose eggs in the bator, I will candle them 4 days from now and come back with the news~

Hoping at least one of the geese develop :fl

I assume goose eggs are a little touchier, being damp and all, but I'd be a bit peeved honestly. I know with chicken eggs they've gotta be pretty old and have gotten pretty warm to do that, meaning they're sending you old, improperly handled eggs.

@CrazyChickenLadySue @chickens105 @Mosey2003 hi guys! Thank you for your replies and insights! I appreciate it 🙏

I am hatching these eggs while living with my aunt which has a lot more experience with poultry, mostly chicken and ducks, she also agrees that the seller probably sent old goose eggs, otherwise they wouldn't be spoiled like that from a week travel..

4 ou 6 were dark inside first day of incubation so I'm really disappointed... but still hopeful that at least the last 2 eggs develop and we can get baby goslings

This is my third time hatching with incubators so I'm learning a lot still
But none of my previous batches had spoiled eggs like these, I assume shipping helped

Again, thank you for your support! I will candle them in a few days and update you
Today is day 3 of incubation

Hello again folks!
Updating what's happened so far

Sadly, all the duck eggs were clear inside by day 7... so I'm guessing none were fertilized to begin with :confused:
About the two goose eggs left...
One didn't have an air sac and looked bubbly inside... I took it out since it showed no development as well..

Now we have our remaining egg ...
I can't tell for sure, but I think this one, hopefully, got an embryo inside!
I can't see the veining yet but I can see this dark spot in the middle

IMG-20231003-WA0089.jpg

This is day 7 of incubation... any ideas if it's actually an embryo or not?

On the good news: I got 6 new goose eggs and 6 muscovy eggs from a friend today, I will incubate these with our survivor egg.

Hello again folks!
Updating what's happened so far

Sadly, all the duck eggs were clear inside by day 7... so I'm guessing none were fertilized to begin with :confused:
About the two goose eggs left...
One didn't have an air sac and looked bubbly inside... I took it out since it showed no development as well..

Now we have our remaining egg ...
I can't tell for sure, but I think this one, hopefully, got an embryo inside!
I can't see the veining yet but I can see this dark spot in the middle

View attachment 3651292
This is day 7 of incubation... any ideas if it's actually an embryo or not?

On the good news: I got 6 new goose eggs and 6 muscovy eggs from a friend today, I will incubate these with our survivor egg.
I don't know anything about duck or goose eggs, but if it was a chicken egg I was incubating, I'd say that's a meat spot and no development. I hope I'm wrong🤞

Back
Top Bottom