Yellow in chickens poop

Marie2020

Addict
May 12, 2020
My chicken is always first to find the food, she no longer lays so I may have to feed her separately soon.

I am thinking that she may have a fatty liver. I've sent her poop to a laboratory and they passed it with flying colours as far as worm6as concerned. I really cannot afford a vet and haven't heard of one that I can trust.

I've read that wheat can help more that the layers feed ,she had yogurt but in addition I read that selenium supplement may be of benefit.

A little straw got caught up in the sample :)
20211010_101531.jpg

Last edited:
My chicken is always first to find the food, she no longer lays so I may have to feed her separately soon.

I am thinking that she may have a fatty liver. I've sent her poop to a laboratory and they passed it with flying colours as far as worm6as concerned. I really cannot afford a vet and haven't heard of one that I can trust.

I've read that wheat can help more that the layers feed ,she had yogurt but in addition I read that selenium supplement may be of benefit.

A little straw got caught up in the sample :)
View attachment 2860983
How long ago is it since she last laid an egg?
I am not certain but the yellow looks like egg yolk to me in the picture.
It is possible that she is still trying to make eggs but she has reproductive problems.

How long ago is it since she last laid an egg?
I am not certain but the yellow looks like egg yolk to me in the picture.
It is possible that she is still trying to make eggs but she has reproductive problems.
That thought crossed my mind. I realise she's 4 years old and laid a lot of eggs for 2 and a half to 3 years. She seems healthy apart from the poop. Her feathers wattles and comb is fine.

She's still the top bird what she clucks clicks everyone jumps too her tune.

I see that in my old hen who probably suffers from egg yolk peritonitis or ascites. Liver disease from either of those can cause yellow urates in the droppings. Do you ever see normal white urates in her droppings?

Back
Top Bottom