Yellow pimple appears on eys

abdulrehman000

Hatching
Feb 11, 2021
I am new here. I have been reading discussions on chicken diseases for last 2 month here.
One of my rooster has some kind of pimples on his face after fighting with his brother. Now i have already separated them. I don't know what kind of pimples are these.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have already given them antibiotics in water but its still spreading all over the face. no progress at all its been 4 days now.
IMG_20210211_100338.jpg

It does look like perhaps the worst case of fowl pox that I have ever seen. Are other birds in the flock similarly affected ?

Yes that is fowl pox. Where are you located? Make sure that he can see, and that he can breathe. If you can get antibiotic eyedrops or eye ointment, that would be good to put into either eye if there are pox scabs near the eyes. Fowl pox, a virus carried by mosquitoes, will last about 30 days, and there is no treatment. Sometimes the wet version, can affect the inside of the beak and throat, causing yellow material which affects their ability to eat and drink normally. Make sure that he gets enough water and food, and can find them. Do not disturb the scabs unless they are blocking his nostrils or eyes. Here is some good info:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/fowl-pox-prevention-treatmen/

Yes that is fowl pox. Where are you located? Make sure that he can see, and that he can breathe. If you can get antibiotic eyedrops or eye ointment, that would be good to put into either eye if there are pox scabs near the eyes. Fowl pox, a virus carried by mosquitoes, will last about 30 days, and there is no treatment. Sometimes the wet version, can affect the inside of the beak and throat, causing yellow material which affects their ability to eat and drink normally. Make sure that he gets enough water and food, and can find them. Do not disturb the scabs unless they are blocking his nostrils or eyes. Here is some good info:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/fowl-pox-prevention-treatmen/
Thank you. He is active and healthy but due to eyes closed he couldn't eat and drink by himself last night i fed him by my hand i also massage him with coconut oil so the the eyes wouldn't stick after that he opened his eyes a little
I am from Pakistan
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom