Yellow poo?

babychickfarmer

Songster
12 Years
Does any one know what this is or what could have caused this? Should I be worried? I had went out to scrape the poo off the top of the nesting boxes
sad.png
which is so gross smelling ) and found some yellow on a poo grabbed the camera and took pics.

7wep2sj.jpg

I know thisn isn't normal because I have never seen it. I have only seen white with thier poo. Nothing in thier diet has changed either. apples, scratch, grains, free range and the occasional greens from the green house.

6p8osjl.jpg

Last edited:
Are you not feeding them a commercial (age appropriate) feed? I would take an ample sample in for a faecal though yellow poo can indicate worms it may be something else (even something they ate)... Have you ever wormed them ...how old are your birds?

Quote:
I would say they about 37 weeks. I am giving them organic layer pellets, crumbles, and scratch (a combo of cracked corna and wheat. I have never wormed them. I have food grade DE. Can I give that to them through thier feed and take care of the worms...if there are any or is that not safe?

DE will not treat internal worms...it will help control them but if they now have worms they need a worming medicine.

Back
Top Bottom