Yellowish spot on cockerel's comb

MiniChickenMommy

Chirping
Sep 6, 2020
Hello all,
A few days ago I noticed a yellow spot on my cocks comb, I've been keeping an eye on it but it doesnt seem to be going away or changing at all. It isnt a blister or raised in any way, it's a small circle area that is discolored. He is behaving and eating normally and his poops are normal too. The only thing that has changed is the weather getting considerably colder.

I have tried google searches but I cant seem to find anything similar - Can anyone here help shed any light on what this could be?
I have uploaded some photos, it doesnt show up too well on the pics but you can see it.

Attachments

• 20211127_150622.jpg
    20211127_150622.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211127_150646.jpg
    20211127_150646.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211127_150557.jpg
    20211127_150557.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello all,
A few days ago I noticed a yellow spot on my cocks comb, I've been keeping an eye on it but it doesnt seem to be going away or changing at all. It isnt a blister or raised in any way, it's a small circle area that is discolored. He is behaving and eating normally and his poops are normal too. The only thing that has changed is the weather getting considerably colder.

I have tried google searches but I cant seem to find anything similar - Can anyone here help shed any light on what this could be?
I have uploaded some photos, it doesnt show up too well on the pics but you can see it.
That, means lack of blood flow in that area. If you squeeze your finger tip, you'd see it become a yellow white color.

Thank you for your reply. Is this something to be concerned about? Do I need to do anything?
You're welcome.

I'd watch, & make sure if it will go back to normal, or not.

The comb, & wattles don't have much of a function except for a target during scuffles, & to Express excitement by turning purple at the tips, or at the back.

Back
Top Bottom