Yellowish/Watery Poop

Update: So, I thought I'd give an update on my girl in case someone in the future is researching poop like this. Last Monday, she started acting lethargic, standing around with one eye closed, not eating (unless I gave her wet crumble, or egg), weird poops like she has been having and her crop hadn't fully emptied overnight. At times she seems a little perkier and will roam around, but overall she's pretty subdued. I decided to take her into the vet yesterday and have an xray done. By the looks of it, the vet thinks she has some type of cancer, which I have to say that deep down I kind of had that suspicion. :( At this point, we are just giving her supportive care and keeping her as comfortable as possible until it's time. Her crop is still not fully emptying in the morning and I understand that is secondary to what is going on, but is there anything I should be doing that may help that? It doesn't feel like an impaction, or a full, watery sour crop. Just feels like a small, soft, loose crop. I just don't want it to turn into sour crop and was wondering if there's anything that may help move that along? A crop bra?

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. I recently had a month-long, protracted diagnostic thread on here for my chicken with similar symptoms. She was eventually diagnosed with ovarian cancer, through a necropsy.
I don't have any experience with a crop bra - my hen wasn't keeping anything down, really. However, I would suggest offering plain yogurt to ward off sour crop and some electrolytes and probiotics through Sav-a-chick or similar.

Good luck to you and your hen.
Jonalisa

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. I recently had a month-long, protracted diagnostic thread on here for my chicken with similar symptoms. She was eventually diagnosed with ovarian cancer, through a necropsy.
I don't have any experience with a crop bra - my hen wasn't keeping anything down, really. However, I would suggest offering plain yogurt to ward off sour crop and some electrolytes and probiotics through Sav-a-chick or similar.

Jonalisa
Also, if you have her in a separated location, make sure she has grit.

Jonalisa
Thank you...it's just all so heartbreaking and she's always been my extra special little gal since day one and she's the flock queen. I'm so sorry to hear about your hen. It breaks my heart that cancer is such a common occurrence with these girls. Thanks for the suggestions...I will give her some more yogurt and I have been adding the Rooster Booster vitamins and electrolytes with lactobacillus to their water.

Back
Top Bottom