Yes or no? What would you do?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jjdward, Aug 31, 2009.

1. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I want some Dominickers so so bad. I see that Ideal finally has some. Should I order them or keep trying to get some from a breeder? I'm not wanting to improve the breed or anything, I just like them. What would you do?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    If you're not going to show them, I'd go ahead & get them from Ideal. Much cheaper that way, just for pets. [​IMG]

3. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    we have the same delema, get chicks now or wait for better. sence you just want the birds. i say go for the hatchery ones.

4. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd WAIT. That way...IF you wait long enough, you'll never have any to take care of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Junkmanme [​IMG]

5. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Will the hatchery birds be really different from the "good ones" other that small things? I just remember my grandfather having them and I loved them.

6. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I have Domickers from Ideal. They are not pure of course but they are so sweet I'd never get rid of them. I don't care about showing them or anything. They are 22 weeks old and they just started laying eggs about 2 weeks ago. However, now that I have those sweet things, I really would love to get a breeding pair some day. I would just love to be part of breeding pure birds but with all that is changing in our government it may never become a reality.

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

You KNOW you just need to come get these before they are gone. You can't go wrong, they've just started laying AND they are from show parents. Come on down!!!! LOL LOL LOL

8. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    jjdward - you'll love these birds whether they are pure or not! So go for it! [​IMG]

9. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Too bad you don't live closer our zoo breeds them and I'm pretty sure they get rid of them or something because whenever I go there are new little babies and only a few adults.

10. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Check with Bargin down in Bowden.I think she has really nice ones.Just an option. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by