yes they are coming after having glass broke

wowmanacat

Songster
Apr 1, 2011
Oak Grove AR
I got the eggs covered in front of the heater(wood). Got the incubator cleaned out. have plastic wrap over the hole the glass was and trying to get the incubator back up to temp. the way it broke was my cat sitting on it. I know that at least two of the eggs have cracks or holes in them. going to seal them with some candle wax here in a min. What else can I do, they are due Monday Tuesday.

UPDATE:I covered the plastic wrap with a book so the cat can not go through it. The eggs are back in and the temp was at 80. I sealed the two that got chipped with some candle wax. the eggs did get a bit cool. I called my husband and told him either a incubator had to be brought home or some plexglass. We can now only wait and see what happens. I had 16 eggs go into lock down last night, now we can only see.

Last edited:
Remember that mama hen gets off the eggs a couple times a day. It's okay if eggs cool for a short while. It's better than having them get too hot.

The temp is not what is worrying me it is the fact that the glass broke on to the eggs and two got cracked and the whole thing happen in the first place. We are going to do a double layer of plexglass asap. For now the plastic wrap taped to hole and book are doing the job.

well so far all is doing good with just the plastic wrap taped over hole and a book on top of that to keep the cats from falling in. Hatch day is Monday night Tuesday morning, for I put them in at 9 PM Monday the6th of Feb.

I woke up this morning to not one but two pips. I am going to be gone part of the day since we are looking at house and today is our shopping day. I will post again as soon as something new happens.

thumbsup.gif
good luck with the hatch and also with the house shopping... :)

I just got home from round one of my running for the day and we are up to 4 pips. In about an hour I have to leave again for round two. This round is the looking at houses.

Back
Top Bottom