Yet another predator attack, supersized!

hahahahaha bright yellow polka-dotted bear!!!!
did you name her???? sunshine?? tulip??... and she had BABIES, meet "rainbow" and "prism"

Last edited:
Ok so here's what you humanely need to do.

Remove the buckshot pellets from a shotgun shell. Replace them with salt rock. When that bear comes back, blast that booty good with your salt rock shot and he'll probably get the message. If not, rinse and repeat until he does.

Well this has been a scarey post. I'm worried about coyotes here in the suburbs of Syracuse, NY. Florecent orange or yellow paint ball sound like a good way to spot the darn thing easy enough.
It was good that posters had their locations for State as I had not realized bears were a problem in some of these areas.
By the way someone had sent me pictures of a couple of campers who had been killed by a bear. I expect if you googled "killed by bear" you could find it.
This post gave me the willies good n proper. Man o man and I'm worried about coming face to face w/ a coon.

This has DEFINITELY been a scary post!!!

and, I was worried about our local coyote population---I didn't realize that you still HAD Bear in New England!!!

SO, glad that you've okay---sorry about the birds you lost. I TOTALLY agree with EVERYONE who worries about YOUR safety.

Is there no animal control/park personnel close by to help you? I know that any animals in national parks that come too close for comfort are either relocated or euthanized.

excuse the rant: I am SICK AND TIRED OF ANY STATE?FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT MAKES US AFRAID OF USING OUR GUNS!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY TO DEFEND OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I feel better, now.)

Please be careful! And, please, protect your beautiful dogs, as well.

Good luck!

it will be back tonight for sure!! it know where food isnt that hard to get. if you have a paintball gun ( i know it sounds stupid ) but at least your giving it a shot. and if it keeps coming back then i say shoot the stupid thing.just be careful if you do they have some hefty fines if you shoot it without a permit. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UPDATED!!!

edited: sorry i didnt see that somebody else posted on the paintballs

Last edited:
No problem, I'm glad to see I'm not the only nut coloring the local wildlife.

One note, if you're going to just shoot it. . . either one shot it, or get someone who knows what their doing to do it. An injured, p.o.'d bear is nothing to be messing around with.

Well I have dogs, electric fence and a radio playing 24/7 to keep predators out. Last year was the first year in 25 years that I didn't have to kill at least one bear. As for anyone shooting one with a paint ball, throwing a baseball at them or any other silly thing, they should go to Yosimite Park. The rangers there will give you a lesson in bear beheavior. A bear can smell an unopened can of tuna at a mile. It can peel the top off your car faster than you can open the door with a key. As for out running one, forget it, unless you can run 35 miles an hour. Where I live I have killed 2 bears trying to come in the house. 1 though a window, the other though the front door. If you are close enough to see a bear you are in danger. If you don't kill it, it may kill you. To me any paper work I may need to fill out is worth my or my families lives. the fish and game department gave me an open end permit a few years back. The state and federal trappers have been here. By the way, they DO NOT relocate traped animals. You see a bear shoot it. Then take a picture if you want. I don't think anyone will get in trouble for shooting a bear that is trying to kill your critters or you. If it is just tearing up property that is different.

Quote:
I actually painted it tonight when it was walking in my yard toward the coops. It ran................... As far as shooting it with a real gun I am trying to use that as a very last resort. I hunted for the last 20 plus years and am by far not an anti hunter but I really don't want it to come to that.

As far as the animal control, bear behavior and law enforcement issues are concerned I am not too worried there as well as I have considerable experience with all of them.

Back
Top Bottom