Yet another question about DE!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I just found DE online for $9.00 for a 5lb. Bag. Has anyone ever ordered from gardenharvestsupply.com? I have a SEVERE fly problem!!! I have my 40'x50' chicken yard FULL of poop and then I have a HUGE compost pile full of rotten food and poop and there are flies EVERYWHERE. I need DE and I need it FAST.

Any help would be great.

2. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    I ordered mine from Dirtworks on the 19th and still haven't received it. I've e-mailed them about my shipment and still haven't heard from them. I paid $24 for a five pound bag with a dispenser. The shipping was ridiculous...

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Check out Custom Milling for a dealer in your area-much more reasonable. I bought 50# for $24. Dont know how much shipping from the company would be, though. Flies are horrible this year. Not even DE is doing the job completely.

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    On a side note, you can rake the chicken yard out, put all that on the compost heap, and put a layer of dirt on top of your compost. That might help some.

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    The bad thing is... most of the flies are in my chicken house and I just cleaned the entire thing out TWO DAYS ago. What in the world!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by