YIKES!!! Mites or Lice?

Quote:
Well thats frustrating. Good ole peppermint oil works to repell little bugs. I have put some of that on my chickens, a more natural remedy. Maybe you could try that.

A guy I know has pigeons and he always puts some pine needles in the bedding which he says repells bugs.

I might add...a guinea fowl made it's way to our property about a year ago. I am not able to handle her, I don't think I can dust her. Won't she just re-infest everyone? She stays close, eats out of their feeder and in the afternoon she sleeps in the coop. Any advice?

Quote:
Get a HUGE net and hunt her down at night
lol.png
OK Seriously, I have some WILDER chickens and they are very hard to catch. But when its dark it does help. Guineas are pretty big and I have never had a guinea so I really dont know how to handle them.

We ordered diatomaceous earth in a big bag. Hens can dust bathe in it - eat it - we can eat it - I'm going to use it to worm my donkeys, cats, and dogs. I am not criticizing anyone, but I am trying to minimize use of chemicals with all of my "babies." I looked for days in local stores, then ordered it online. It's kind of cool, because I talk to my Invertebrate Zoology students about diatoms, and now I can show them a connection to us.

Back
Top Bottom