Yipee!! Lulu laid in the garage!!

jojo54

Songster
Aug 24, 2009
BC Canada
Lulu, our lame sometimes house chicken has been spending her time outside in the yard and only coming in for treats and to lay her egg. She has always laid her egg in a box in the house. Well, I want to go visit my parents in Saskatoon and haven't been there since October (before Lulu was a house chicken). I hadn't wanted to leave her in the lurch because she hops up the backstairs when she needs to come in to lay her egg. I decided to try to get her to change where she lays her egg. Yesterday we spent all afternoon working on laying in the garage. I would coax and try to convince her that her box had moved there. She would sit for awhile and then head for the house. I would take her in and show her that her box was gone and take her back to her box in the garage. Finally after several hours of this, I finally got a brainwave and put an egg in her box (she has always had a golf ball). Well she pecked the egg once, then sat on it and pulled her golf ball under her as well. After awhile she laid her egg.

Today, she went in on her own without any coaxing or anything and laid her egg like she has been doing it there always. I was so relieved because now I leave and visit and not feel bad about her. My son is home but works part time so would not always be around when she needed to get in to lay. It was like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders!!

Yah! Lulu! I thought it would take alot longer to learn. Smart chickie!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom