YIpppeee, I got my first egg, now what

oscwlpn

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
hartly
I went out to the chicken coop today and found and egg, I am so eggcited..
lol.png
I can't wait till my son comes home from school so I can send him out to find it...now my questions, I am not sure when she laid it so I do not know if I should eat it...temps here are about upper 60s in the day to lower 60s at night if that makes a difference...I should not be more than 2 days old, also I have never given any of my chickens any medication so I am not sure if I should give them anything or not or even if they require any meds..and if they should have been on medicine should I not eat this egg...Ugggh I am so confused but this is a very exciting day in our house...

EAT IT THERE YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!! EAT IT EAT IT , everyone chant with me EAT IT, EAT IT , EAT IT . !!!!!!!!!!! GRATS

ETA: do the water test !!! @ days in 60* should not ruin it . Ive eatin a egg that has sat in that temp before for 3 days and it was fine

Last edited:
Congrats!!!
thumbsup.gif
The should be just fine to eat. People leave them on the counter for a week or 2 at time and they are still good.

I am with ya, tomorrow morning we are going to fry it up...
tongue.png
thank you for all your responses

pierce a hole in each end, blow the innards out to eat them, then rinse the shell through, dry it out, and put it somewhere safe
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom