YO GEORGIANS! :)

Ok, I'm off to TSC. I will post pictures of the last, lonely little duck that carcar refused to rescue yesterday. And of course those pictures will be of me coming to its rescue and being the hero.
cool.png

Ok, trying to post photos from the phone...

The cattle panels are attached to the 2x4s with fencing staples, and there is are two 2x3s in a cross shape supporting the back wall. The front and rear walls are welded wire, and there is an outer wrap of hex chicken wire because hens can fit through the squares in cattle panels (doesn't seem possible, but she pops right through!), and so can poults, and raccoons, etc.. I attached a 2x4 roost to the inside, and clip their feed bucket and waterers to the wall, or else they'll dump everything by just plain walking over it. For inclement weather, I use those toggle bungee loops to attach extra tarps to the ends of the coop as needed.

Ok, I'm off to TSC.  I will post pictures of the last, lonely little duck that carcar refused to rescue yesterday.  And of course those pictures will be of me coming to its rescue and being the hero.  :cool:
How sweet of you. ;) I just can't justify paying $5 for a duck I could hatch for free. Call me a cold-hearted cheep-azz.

Oh wait. You already DID.

The cattle panels are attached to the 2x4s with fencing staples, and there is are two 2x3s in a cross shape supporting the back wall. The front and rear walls are welded wire, and there is an outer wrap of hex chicken wire because hens can fit through the squares in cattle panels (doesn't seem possible, but she pops right through!), and so can poults, and raccoons, etc.. I attached a 2x4 roost to the inside, and clip their feed bucket and waterers to the wall, or else they'll dump everything by just plain walking over it. For inclement weather, I use those toggle bungee loops to attach extra tarps to the ends of the coop as needed.

Oh yeah, and make sure to keep the front and rear cross pieces of the base (mine are 12' long on the sides and 10' on the ends -making the base roughly 10'x10') raised by two inches or so, or else it won't slide well at all to move it. I strongly suggest putting eye bolts on the front and rear, because maneuvering it from just one end can be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom