YO GEORGIANS! :)

Oh yeah, and make sure to keep the front and rear cross pieces of the base (mine are 12' long on the sides and 10' on the ends -making the base roughly 10'x10') raised by two inches or so, or else it won't slide well at all to move it. I strongly suggest putting eye bolts on the front and rear, because maneuvering it from just one end can be a pain.
Two things to fix that... Lawn mower wheels and lag bolts... Only needed on one end set up enough to sit flat but back enough to lift and roll once other end is raised.

I'm going to go check on my farm critters and raid my supply pile to see what I have to build something for quail with. Then I'll come home to check ebay for quail rails for my incubator :)

Two things to fix that... Lawn mower wheels and lag bolts... Only needed on one end set up enough to sit flat but back enough to lift and roll once other end is raised.

...adding to my running list of things to pick up at lowe's/home depot. Thank you! Oh, and raisning the pieces is also a safety feature for the birds -it's easier to avoid pinched feet or squished poults when moving the pen. Wheels will definitely make my life much easier!

@mrsdszoo I think I may kidnap you to supervise the building of these. How tall is your turkey enclosure?

I am a pro at supervising, lol! It ends up at just about 6' at the peak. I'm 5'3", so it ends up being really comfortable to move around in. The cattle panels are the $19.99 ones at TSC. The whole thing cost just under $100 to build.

It's my birthday, it's my birthday!
wee.gif

caf.gif
Morning!!

Happy Birthday!! :D

Mine is on Thursday!

Okay, so I survived the trip to TSC and came back with... exactly what I went there for! Layer feed, scratch grain, lime, pine shavings, and hay!

But now I need to find a way to spread the lime without leaving huge dust clouds the chickens can inhale, OR finding somewhere to pen them up so I can spread it and let the dust settle.

In the meantime, I have a funny feeling my black silkie hen went broody. She was in the nest before I left this morning, and she's still in it now. It is supposed to stay above freezing for AT LEAST the next ten days, so I'm very tempted to put some eggs under her...

Okay, so I survived the trip to TSC and came back with... exactly what I went there for! Layer feed, scratch grain, lime, pine shavings, and hay!

But now I need to find a way to spread the lime without leaving huge dust clouds the chickens can inhale, OR finding somewhere to pen them up so I can spread it and let the dust settle.

In the meantime, I have a funny feeling my black silkie hen went broody. She was in the nest before I left this morning, and she's still in it now. It is supposed to stay above freezing for AT LEAST the next ten days, so I'm very tempted to put some eggs under her...

Good job with the self control :). I tried to research spreading lime without dust cloud, but unless you're using pelletized lime, it seems unavoidable. I see that you need to wear a hat and a mask, so I'm guessing the birds need to really be put up. Put a tarp over your bed and herd them into the bedroom? No? Just an idea...

Back
Top Bottom