YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    Hi Hi to you as well RoboDuck! You seem just Ducky tonight! I on the other hand have insomnia due to chick worry. Oh the first world issues of those new to chickens as a small hobby. (Silly me still believes we will stay small.... the silly land lord does too! LOL He did say I could have chickens....) Really though, if this chick dies tonight and we want a flock of 6.... do I try and find a 2 week old chick to add to the other 5 or will the reject a new comer?

2. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    I don't think that is it at all! LOL I think most of us are just reading back posts trying to catch up. This forum moves fast!

3. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

I doubt at that age they're going to do much rejecting. I think the biggest thing is accidental injury. They grow fast and a 2 or 3 week old chick is going to be much more active than a 1 or 2 day old. If I was going to add new chicks, I would get the same age just so they can hold their own or if I got younger ones, keep them separate until their physical abilities match those of the current residents.

4. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I currently have 3 baby chicks in the incubator - a crested cream legbar, a black/blue copper marans, and the bb copper/cuckoo marans. :-D

5. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    Yes, he did! He took a while to figure out how to get out of the shell itself. Sat in it for quite some time. Now he's all over he place. LOL

6. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    :lau

7. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Morning y'all. Did anyone sleep last night?? LOL

It's Friday!!!

8. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    No, I was up and down all night checking on the babies. Started the coffee at 3am. At 1am German Shepard went off, let him out, what a good oppossum killer. Sorry to those that like them in advance..........

1 person likes this.
  9. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Ok he didn't kill it in a vicious way, he played with it, til it died of exhaustion LOL ;)

Good dog

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  10. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Awesome!! Nope. There was a flattened one right at the top of my driveway Monday morning.. I did a little dance in the drivers seat. ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by