YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    So we just set up the screen arbor for the chickens, and WOW. It holds the last 9 that haven't been separated by breed very easily! The only problem is that my sister wanted to move it into the higher brush at the edge of the woods. I actually agreed, because it gives them something to peck on, and all of the pine needles there will give them some space to forage in. But the tiny little saplings there kept the bottom of the screen walls from actually touching the ground. However, the bottom of the screen walls had a little flap that was PERFECT for putting rocks on to hold it down, followed by hay to just make it look good. And the whole thing only cost me $80 plus tax and shipping (about $95 total). LOTS of ventilation, protection from rain, and they can't annoy the neighbors by pooping in their yard.

I'll get a picture in a bit though.

Also my next set of sebbie eggs are due to arrive tomorrow, and FINALLY moving through the mail stream again, and my chicken diapers are scheduled to be here Monday.

It's turning out to be a good AND productive day!

2. LingaB

LingaB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Appling, GA
    OK so here are all my chicks and a list of what I ordered:

1 Blue Andalusian
    1 Speckled Sussex
    1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
    1 Delaware
    2 Rhode Island Red
    2 Easter Egger
    2 Buff Orpington
    2 Barred Rock
    3 White Rock

I think I have figured out who most of them are... I'd love it if you could check them out too.

Blue Andalusian
    [​IMG]

2X Rhode Island Red
    [​IMG]

2X Barred Rocks
    [​IMG]

I think this is my Delaware. She has a little black on the top of her head and yellow legs and no one else does.
    [​IMG]

2X Buff Orpingtons (i think. They are a little bit on the creme yellow side.)
    [​IMG]

I have no idea what these are... there are 2 of them, so one of them might be my free one. Picture 1(see l=below for another pic)
    [​IMG]

pic 2. Not sure what these are... same as above pic
    [​IMG]

2X Easter eggers I'm not 100% sure that is what the black one is, but she looks similar to the other.
    [​IMG]

3X White Rock
    [​IMG]

I have no idea! maybe a speckled sussex or a silver laced wynadotte? pic1, see below for the 2nd pic
    [​IMG]

pic2, not sure what this one is, see above pic for another angle
    [​IMG]

Feel free to tell me if I have it all wrong. Thanks everyone.

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop

4. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Okay. Caged 5 rabbits, caught 1 roo, swapped him for a fat black lop eared rabbit, sold 2 dozen eggs, fed the kids twice, went to the feed store, did NOT buy the cute ducklings, and am scratched all over from chicken wire and the afore mentioned rabbits.

5. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012

6. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    I almost thought the same, but look at the legs. Wyandottes are supposed to have yellow legs. EE's are the ones with willow-green legs. So that would reverse the two.

7. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    I know. I know. It's too early to tell by looks but that is the biggest comb I've seen on a hatchling. You may have a roo there. Almost all the roos I've been home to see hatch came out of their shells wrong.

8. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    it has a rose comb

9. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    @RoboDuck @GAMarans .. Y'all know what's going on in front of the chamber of commerce? There's a rig hauling new cars and about 17,000 POs searching the cab of it??

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  10. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

No clue. And GAM can't answer. My $20 for my gold feather upgrade was better spent than I thought.... It has frozen her account and she can't post or PM. Now where is that evil scientist laugh smiley dude?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by