YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

I worked from 0730 to 1500. Came home and then delivered a camper that I sold. Then came back home and hung out with the chickens til dark.

1 person likes this.
  2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Just sat down at my computer, and I'm in the middle of a HUGE adrenaline crash right now! I usually wait to make my ACTUAL post in this thread until I catch up and respond to everyone else. But today....

I was scared sh**less, and thought I was going to die. Seriously. Imagine two roads that make a T. The top of the T is a road that is actually a dead-end on both sides. The bottom of the T is the only road leading in to it (it would connect to another one at the very bottom). The top of the T is called "Riverview". The bottom is called "Big Buck Trail".

I'm on Big Buck Trl, about to turn onto Riverview. I stop and talk with a guy that is moving and wants to know what all he has to do. While talking with him, I notice my brake pedal gives a little bit extra while I'm sitting still. Nothing big, but JUST enough for me to notice. Shouldn't have been much. I finish talking with him, and make a right-hand turn onto Riverview. As soon as I make the turn, there's a 30-degree incline going downhill. Obviously, my mail truck wants to go faster and faster down this hill, so I hit the brakes....

AND NOTHING HAPPENS. My brakes just completely went out on me and I could NOT slow down, MUCH less stop on this **** hill! A f**king 30-degree incline downwards, and I couldn't do anything but speed up. I passed RIGHT by the first box because I couldn't stop for it!

THANK GOD the road inclines back UP for a short bit before hitting the dead end. The dead end is nothing but small trees, and a steep drop-off! But I pulled the emergency brake, and the hill slowed me down enough that I was able to stop! On the side of the road is a ditch, and then a sharp hill. I let the mail truck "crash" into that hill, and then turned my wheels the opposite way so it couldn't move away from it.

I get out, move away, and call my supervisor to let her know. After she starts out on her way to find me, I look under the truck. There's a six-foot streak of brake fluid right behind where I stopped, and it was a spray NOT a drip. It was a good 3-inches wide and a solid line all the way back. And right behind the front tire is a good-sized POOL of brake fluid that came pouring out after I actually managed to stop! It was still dripping when I saw it, but the pool was already a good 4-feet across!

Every last bit of brake fluid came out of that vehicle, right there on that road. That's why I had no brakes, and almost lost my **** life! Just a few more feet, and I would have cleared the top of the next hill, and went into the woods and over the drop-off!

And if that isn't bad enough, they just "redid" the brakes last Thursday (Feb 27th). You would THINK someone would have noticed wear and tear that was about to eat through a brake line BEFORE I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE!

But the adrenaline rush helped me with the rest of my route, since that issue put me WAY behind schedule. I finished a 1.5 hour section of the route in 45 minutes. So yeah, I'm crashing now, and SO VERY THANKFUL to be alive!

3. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Sweet! That will make you feel better about not getting the three we saw last night ;). If there are any Velveteen Lops, jump on 'em for me.

1 person likes this.
  4. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    I do. But the only colors they will produce are black and white. I have two right now, but they're giving me about that many each day. They are USUALLY the ones I put in the incubator when there is room, but there's no more room... again. You need a dozen?

5. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    *SMACK*

6. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    It actually looks like you have BLUE CUCKOO MARANS there....

They have the white spot on their heads, which is an indicator of the barring pattern. But their color is blue. So it sounds like they will probably end up being blue barred...

1 person likes this.
  7. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    Um... it looks like a dog with one head, and two butts.

8. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    Okay, just wondering. I sold and gave some roosters to a guy down in your area, and actually kinda regret giving one of them up. He was a porcelain d'uccle rooster with a tumor on one foot. :(

9. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad you're not hurt.

10. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    W*T*F? haha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by