YO GEORGIANS! :)

our swedish flower hens

I now have a breeding pair of Royal Palms! Now, anyone wanna drive down here and help me haul this zoo home?

Woohoo! Now tell me you're joking and that you can fit everything in the Taurus...because I'm in my jammies and a good bit north of you...

Yeah we got it. Barely.

Well, thank goodness -i was worried and kept picturing turkeys falling off the roof! I would've just gotten there a few minutes ago if I left right away, so you'd be pretty grumpy if you had to wait around with the critters. So what's the total list?

Not off the top of my head, but if you check back in the morning some of the others might know. They've been buying duck eggs lately.

Well, thank goodness -i was worried and kept picturing turkeys falling off the roof! I would've just gotten there a few minutes ago if I left right away, so you'd be pretty grumpy if you had to wait around with the critters. So what's the total list?

Pair of RP, Lav orp chicks, rir chicks, papered Holland lop doe, mini Rex buck (I think), barred rock roo, blue and splash copper Marans, 6 dozen hatching eggs.

Ok so I worked a late shift today. Got home after 11. Went out to the coop and realized one was missing from the roost. I found her huddled in corner of the run. She looks like she's falling asleep but wasn't interested in what was going on. I noticed her backside looked dirty but then saw blood on another's head. She was really matted with blood. I bathed her and separated her. I cannot find an injury, but she's so fluffy that I can't see anything. Should I be worried about injury or disease or is this just a chicken pecking gone extreme?

Ok so I worked a late shift today. Got home after 11. Went out to the coop and realized one was missing from the roost. I found her huddled in corner of the run. She looks like she's falling asleep but wasn't interested in what was going on. I noticed her backside looked dirty but then saw blood on another's head. She was really matted with blood. I bathed her and separated her. I cannot find an injury, but she's so fluffy that I can't see anything. Should I be worried about injury or disease or is this just a chicken pecking gone extreme?

I would get her cleaned up and check her over in the morning. It's most likely pecking order issues.

@Tygress-- OMG, so glad your ok!!!! If the brakes were just done, take a wrench and go have a chat with the mech?
@roboduck -- you simple crack me up
@GAM - Bless your heart with Roboduck lol
@GA - sorry about the hatchings

There were over 141 post I missed so I'm catching up.
Had a very busy day in the sun yest. Cleaned out the coop from straw and put in pine shavings. Took apart the locking mech on the security door to figure out how it works. Can open it from the outside but they removed the actual lock on the inside before they tossed it out. Then took metal detector and a strong magnet and started cleaning out the fire pit from burning pallet wood, so many nails!! After two hrs of that I was bored, got half way... Started clearing the fence line that buts up to next door crazies. Reclaimed about 15'. The briars where as big as my fingers, we battled it out, both took injuries, called it a draw for the day. Hubby came home and it was a Yeager nite. Poor guy switched shifts with a buddy and is on day nine of 12 hrs shifts. Today is his last day of this crap. Didn't have the heart to tell him I left the crappy cordless and charger in the rain.....just let it be a good night. By seven I was out like a light. I've been trying to get that fence line done for a couple of yrs, always something. All I have to do today is start burning the stuff I cut and do some light house cleaning before Tygress comes for Lola and thinks I'm some kind of redneck,,,,,wait,,, I am a redneck, but still, been slacking in the house lately :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom