YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    I should be good for a bit. I'm fairly certain I just got myself another "incubator" outside, lol!

2. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Yes! Girls vs guys would be fun. :)

I DID just beat hubby at one thing, though! First one is his, second two are mine. Nothing big but we had fun- caught all three within the first five minutes! And he says HE wins by weight!? :idunno LOL

[​IMG]

I had another bass on the line but didn't have him hooked well. He got off just as I saw him. I was pretty mad.

3. carcar80

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Oh- my dog also gifted us with chicken parts from the woods. :( One was the wing from my SLW roo. :(

And, I narrowed down my mystery layer today. It's my other BSL. I thought it was my BO bc the egg is so light, but nope. Guess not all BSL lay dark eggs like Olive.

4. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    I'm sorry about your chickens!

5. carcar80

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Aw it's okay, I'm over it, it happened back in the fall but I never found any parts of three of the birds, neither roo or my SLW pullet- aside from the BUCKETS of feathers strewn all over the property... So just the fact that it was Steve's wing was a bummer. She also had a leg with a spur, I THINK it belonged to the other roo though.

I do still have one of Steve's tail feathers in my room on the wall.. LOL. Did I mention I really liked him? :lau

6. carcar80

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    @LTygress, I must have misse the Macaw pic. Repost it, pretty please? ;)

7. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    Oh it wasn't any big post that I made or even pics yet. I'm still sore from yesterday's adrenaline rush (tomorrow will be worse - soreness is always at its worst 48 hours later) so I didn't say much about it.

@debgal rescues parrots and got a little "teacup macaw" recently that we just adopted today. She's taking a strong liking to me, but still warming up to both nephews. Within the first hour of her arrival she was letting me pet her, riding around on my shoulder, and saying her name to me "Lola". But the older nephew (who she belongs to) has only had her on his shoulder once, and still doesn't trust her that much yet. The younger nephew hasn't even gotten close. He's too nervous.

I, on the other hand, am getting snuggles, kisses, climbed on (I swear the thinks my boobs are her personal perch), and I'm pretty sure my entire face has been licked by now. She does still want to bite if I move at her wrong, but if I correct myself, tell her a strong "NO" and try again, she handles it gently. The boys are going to take a LOT more time to tame her, since I'm the one she kinda "imprinted" on in this house, right away. She's not your typical macaw though. She's got the white beside her eyes and down to her beak, but she's TINY. Head to the end of her tail she's only about 10-inches. I'm used to macaws being HUGE birds with a head-to-tail length closer to two feet!

Although her bite is no less intense! But she's mostly stopped even trying to bite me. Drew blood the first two times she bit me (once while I was still at debgal's house), now it's just LICKING, lol

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  8. carcar80

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    She sounds adorable! And I knew you hadn't posted a pic, it was a dirty trick I was trying to play. :D

DS and I (well I read some of it) read that book.. What's the name? About the parrot who thought he was a dog or something? It was so cute and made me realize how cool the "smart" birds really are.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  9. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    [​IMG]
    There she is

10. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    And yes she is missing a TON of feathers from stress and self-pecking. But they started to grow back in while she was at Deb's. And since being here, she has been PROPERLY preening, and breaking the shatfs off of the new feather growth so they can fan out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by