YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    These are his cotton patch eggs that just arrived. I sure hope they end up doing ok. Robo crying is not a good thing.

1 person likes this.
  2. Missyktsm

Missyktsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    We had a hard time deciding where to pit ours too. We ultimately agreed on an area at the top of a small hill with lots of trees. That way they chicks have plenty of shade for our brutal summers and rain water flows away from the coop.

3. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    [​IMG]I also live on 3/4 of an acre and I have 4 chickens, whereas you have 12. I want ducks right now but I'm still contemplating that, not sure how much poop I can take in the backyard[​IMG] They definitely keep you busy, whether you are cleaning out a coop, filling up a feeder or waterer, or building a new something or another, or just watching chicken tv. But I wouldn't give them up for anything, and I'm sure most people on BYC can agree.

4. sanchabird

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Do the ducks make a huge mess of your yard pooping wise?

5. sanchabird

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Yes, they don't like the snow, AT ALL! If they free range or have an uncovered run, there is a good chance you'll be shoveling snow. But other than that, nope you're good.

6. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Not any more than the chickens. It does smell worse and as soon as possible the ducks are getting their own run.

1 person likes this.
  7. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    My big concern with my sebbies is if they'll position correctly when it comes time to pip. With a moving air cell, I don't know if they'll miss. I may REALLY have to stop turning when it comes close to time.

8. sanchabird

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Ok, when you walk outside, can you smell it? I don't ever smell chicken poop in my yard unless I'm cleaning out the coop and even then its not bad.

9. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Not really. The run however does stink if it's been really rainy. During the non monsoon months its no worse than the chickens.

10. sanchabird

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    I think I can deal with that[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by