1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Carcar, you evil woman. That stupid boots and dance song has burned its way into my brain but it has morphed. It is now any variation/combination of chicks and ducks or geese and ducks or goats and ducks or .... Ugh!

2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Is that what that stupid Geico pig sings?

3. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    yep

4. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    Remind me never to listen to the song outside of that commercial then. Although Netflix and Hulu Plus have eliminated most of that.

5. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    2 more days til lock down on my mottled am eggs! Then 3 days after that is lock down for the Lav Marans. The 2 weeks til turkeys.

6. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    YAY! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!

7. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    I finally got tired of waiting on Frizzle roo. I took the oldest actual frizzle hen (who is about five months old) and tossed her in with the only other bantam roo I have right now...

The white silkie.

So hopefully very soon I'll start getting a mixed-breed silkie/cochin with 50% being frizzled. And if I do, the babies are being bred back to my silkies again. That's right - I'm on project frizzled silkie!

(I THINK sizzles are just the mixed breeds with frizzle feathers. I can't remember, so I'll have to look it up when I get back on the computer.)

8. pr0wlunwoof

pr0wlunwoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2014
    They have a run. I pretty much put horse fencing up from the back corner all the way to the privacy fence. I will take a picture when I get home. The idea of the poop drawer was to scrape the poop out a hole into a bucket which i could then transport poop to garden in.

1 person likes this.
  9. pr0wlunwoof

pr0wlunwoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2014
    Yeah its a solar motion sensor light. Wanted to be made aware of any movement outside the coop at night.

10. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    I could be wrong, but I think chicken poop has to compost a bit before putting in a garden because of high nitrogen levels. I think the high nitrogen levels burn the plants.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by