YO GEORGIANS! :)

Yes. We both got our eggs from someone on BYC.com who is in California. Wingshadows Hacienda or wwmicasa1 on BYC. www.wingshadows.com

Edited again... that website isn't ready and refers you to this one.... www.LocalHarvest.org

Hmm, I was on the site for Flip Flop Ranch. I noticed that they are rather expensive and have minimum orders for goslings, but no mention of eggs. Still, cool looking place and nice info on the breed!

Those of you who bought Light Brahmas from TSC this Spring; I said the other day (yesterday? this morning? sometime...) that mine were all doing well. I was wrong, and I jinxed myself -but i figured out what my problem was at least. I had a Brahma chick get squished to death by the EE chicks that were within just a few days of the same age, but growing light years faster. As I took the rest of the Brahmas out to put them with Orpingtons a week younger, i noticed that a few of the Brahmas were actually pretty thin. The Orpingtons are the same size at a week younger, and as docile as they are as a breed, they were pushing the Brahmas out of the food too. The poor things just hang back -so I had to put two food bowls in their brooder to make sure everyone gets enough to eat. Silly Brahmas, they just don't assert themselves enough in a mixed flock. i hope I can get them to thrive enough that I have really sweet lap birds on the farm this summer! Maybe even...dare I say it...a nice roo?

Maybe that is what happened with mine then... Hmm

I had a cousin named Viola once. Actually she married my cousin and after the divorce..... VOILA!!! She wasn't my cousin no more.
I blame the phone I was typing on. I hate that bi***. I actually had the word REALLY screwed up, and went to fix it and the cursor kept jumping around to locations on the screen that I didn't touch!

That Pekin egg is dancin' all over the place. LOL!

And y'all are too late for scrambled cotton patch eggs for breakfast ... I decided to be nice and put Robo's eggs in the incubator. Oh how I look forward to weeks of, "Are they hatching yet?"

And to think Geese take a little more than an extra week BEYOND chickens. I feel for ya, Gam...

Question: how do you know you have internal pips? the cheeping? Or that dark almost -cracked look they sometimes get? I've wondered -because you aren't supposed to be messing with them, right? And I can't see into my brown eggs well enough to tell anything....I just never got that "internal pip" thing

Shadows. You candle them and see shadows above the air cell membrane. It's from the chick's head and/or beak sticking out of the membrane.

Back
Top Bottom